CARAMELIZED ONION FRITATTA WITH SWEET POTATO CRUST
BREAKFAST JUST GOT BETTER!
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 8 Eggs, Organic Cage-Free
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 1 Large Tomato, Organic
- 1 Avocado, Organic
- 2 Cups Spinach, Organic
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (to grease pan)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse and grate sweet potato. Coat glass pie pan with 2 tbsp coconut oil. Add sweet potato, press, shaping to the pan.
- Cover sweet potato crust with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While sweet potato bakes, chop onion into slivers. Place in a pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Stir frequently until translucent and slightly caramelized.
- In the meantime, chop tomato into small pieces and save half of avocado to cut into slices and fan as a garnish.
- After 30 minutes, remove tin foil, being careful to avoid steam, and allow sweet potato crust to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, prepare egg mixture. Crack 8 eggs, add salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly. Add tomatoes, most of caramelized onions (save some to garnish) and spinach to the bowl, tearing spinach into smaller pieces as you add.
- Pour egg mixture into cooled sweet potato crust. Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove tin foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Top with avocado and caramelized onions.
If you liked this recipe, share it with your friends.