- 1/2 Cup Organic, Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups Pamela's Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Large Organic, Free Range Egg
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Scoops (64g) Protein Powder (I use pea protein)
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I use pea protein)
- Using a dough hook on your mixer (you can hand mix with spatula or hands as it gets thicker if you dan't have a mixer), mix coconut oil, maple syrup, warm coconut milk and egg. Slowly add flour, protein powder and baking powder. Using the dough hook, knead dough until it forms an elastic ball (around 15 minutes).
- Combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees (187 C).
- Add flour to your hands and remove dough from the bowl.
- Place dough on a clean, floured surface. Use a rolling pin with a little flour on it roll out a 8 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle the dough evenly with cinnamon and coconut sugar mixture.
- Beginning with the long side, roll the dough tightly (tucking dough as you roll). Slice the dough into 6 (2 inch) pieces. Place the rolls into an oven-safe baking dish greased with coconut oil.
- Bake the rolls for about 20-30 minutes (checking at 20 minutes) until golden brown. Overcooked cinnamon rolls are gross so I always take them out when they still have some gooey'ness - in my oven that's at 20 minutes. Remember that they will cook a little bit once they are removed from the oven.
- Combine frosting ingredients in another small bowl, whisking . Set aside with filling bowl.
- Frost warm cinnamon buns and enjoy :)
Join my FREE FB GROUP now.