CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH QUINOA
- 2 Medium Butternut Squash
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger, Chopped
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- Real Salt to Taste
- 1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
1. In a large skillet caramelize onion and garlic.
2. While onions and garlic are caramelizing, bring a pot of water to a boil in a large soup pot.
3. Soak quinoa ahead of time to remove bitter flavor (about 15 minutes). In a separate pot, cook quinoa according to package directions.
4. Chop butternut squash into 1 inch cubes, chopping off outer rind. Add to boiling water.
5. When butternut squash is tender enough to put a knife through drain.
6. Combine ginger, butternut squash, chicken broth, water and onion garlic mixture. Either blend in a blender or using an immersion blender in the pot. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste.
7. Top quinoa with soup.
ENJOY THIS EPIC RECIPE!
Tag me in your instagram posts, stories & FB posts @stephhendel #BodyBuiltByLoveKitchen
Join my FREE FB GROUP now.