"YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE" EGGPLANT PIZZAS
GLUTEN + DAIRY + ARTIFICIAL SUGAR FREE
- 2 Organic Eggplants
- 2 Organic, Cage Free Eggs
- Gluten Free Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Coconut Oil
- Real Salt
- Muir Glen Tomato Sauce
- Kalamata Olives
- Kite Hill Cheese
- Organic Chicken & Maple Sausage
1. Chop the eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
2. Now you're going to "sweat" the eggplant. It's not totally necessary if you're in a rush but it honestly makes it taste 100 times better in my opinion. I don't skip this step unless I'm really rushed. Using a few plates, spread out eggplant and lightly sprinkle salt on both sides. Set aside for 20 minutes. You'll notice that the eggplant has beads of sweat.
3. While you wait, prep your breading and topping ingredients.
4. In a bowl, crack 2 eggs and whisk together. Set aside.
5. On a paper plate (I don't like to use paper plates because of the waste but in this case I make an exception because the plate gets so sticky that it's hard to wash) sprinkle a layer of breading.
6. Gather and chop your toppings. Chop kalamata olives, avocado (sounds crazy but it's one of my favorite toppings - even baked) and any additional toppings. If you're using chicken sausages, cut into small pieces and heat on the stove. Have fun with the toppings and get creative with whats in your fridge.
7. In a large pan on medium heat add 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
8. Rinse eggplant and pat dry. Dip in egg mixture and then in breading, coating both sides. Add as many slices as will fit in your pan with the coconut oil.
9. Using tongs, check the eggplant after a minute, if golden brown, flip them. Check again after another minute and remove from the pan when the other side is golden brown. Set aside. Add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and more of the eggplant to the pan, removing when golden brown.
10. Top eggplant with tomato sauce, additional toppings and if adding melting cheese, place in the oven on broil for 3-5 minutes.
Join my FREE FB GROUP now.