GINGER TURMERIC TEA
- Fresh turmeric root (about 2 inches) grated finely (use an old plate to grate onto because fresh turmeric will stain yellow)
- Fresh ginger root (about 2 inches) grated finely
- 4 Cups of water
- Measure 4 cups of water into a small pot and bring to a boil on the stove. Make sure that the water has come to a full boil.
- Add grated turmeric and ginger to the boiling water and reduce to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes – 3 hours. This will extract the beneficial compounds from the turmeric and ginger.
- Strain tea into a cup or container. The particles of turmeric and ginger will be filtered out.
- Add honey to taste and a slice of lemon. The honey and lemon will make the tea a bit more palatable.