QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS
- 14-1/2 ounces of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, soaked for at least 15 minutes and rinsed
- 6 red, yellow or orange peppers
- 4 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the broth and water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Cut off top of peppers and discard seeds. In a large pot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; let drain on a paper towel.
- In a large pan, saute carrots and onions in coconut oil until tender. Add the quinoa, sunflower kernels and seasoning; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into pepper halves. Place in a baking pan coated with coconut oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until peppers are tender.