- 1 Lg (8oz) Beet, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (if you’re in a rush you can use canned beets)
- 1 Cup Drained Canned Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas from 15 1/2oz can)
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar (I do half Red Wine Vinegar & half Umeboshi Plum Vinegar)
- Cook beet in medium saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain, place in processor/blender. Add garbanzo beans, 3/4 cup oil, almonds, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar and blend well. Add additional vinegar to taste if desired. Transfer to decorative bowl, cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Beets are a great way to curb sweet cravings. If you aren't sure how you feel about beets...this is a great way to ease yourself into them. Enjoy!