- 3/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Rinsed, Canned Black Beans
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Red Pepper, Finely Diced
- 1/2 Avocado, Finely Diced
- 1/2 Cup Corn
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Soak quinoa for at least 15 minutes. Ideally soak it overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread quinoa on a baking sheet; refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over high heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; transfer to a blender. Add lime juice and oil and blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and add the black beans, bell pepper, avocado, corn, and cilantro. Scrape quinoa into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Follow along with the recipe video here ->